Followers ... Thank you so much for taking the time to follow me in my little piece of blog land ..

Sunday 15 January 2012

Jayarna Birthday card

Please forgive my absence for the last few weeks or so ... The Christmas and New Year period just seems to get busier and busier with less and less time to do everything!!
I've spent the weekend making cards for various birthday etc and as much as I might plan to sit and do this I hardly ever get the chance ... but this weekend I had to get 3 birthday cards and a baby card made and I have managed all but one birthday card so far ....

So .. this is the first card I 'whipped up'
 It's for Bella's friend, Jayarna, who lives next door and it was her 8th birthday yesterday.  I already had the image coloured sitting in my stash thank goodness lol.  I just love my gorgjuss girls stamps and I coloured her with my trusty copics and found some beautiful papers by Pink Paislee called Vintage Vogue that I bought some time ago because I just fell so in love with them ... I've never coloured the right stamp to match them and I'm glad that this one came together so well with them.

I love it when a card just comes together (I did have the help of an old sketch from "I need a sketch") so I can't take all the credit lol.
Close up of my colouring

Jayarna loved it and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out ... 
So for now I'm off to try and find some challenges to enter this into ...

Until next time
Ciao
Julie


  Challenges I would like to enter this card into:
(I've used flowers, lace and purple)


Used:
Paper - SU! CS, Pink Paislee Vintage Vogue PP
Stamps -  Gorjuss Girl, Birthday Sentiment from Bizzy Becs (freebie)
Other - Wild Orchid flowers, Pink Paislee ticket, pink lace from stash, SU! scallop circle punch, kaiser gems, Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distress ink, coloured with copics & prismas

13 comments:

  1. Wow Julie, this is gorgeous, love your colouring and the DP go so well, tfs. Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Becs Anything goes challenge.
    Hugs Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Magnificent papers. Sensible choice of colours. Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz on our 3rd birthday this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Die Karte gefällt mir aber sehr gut.
    Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei CUYL.
    Liebe Grüße Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card. What great colours and colouring that stamp is still one of my favourites. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the papers and the image is coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT challenge this week. Good Luck hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T Challenges this week with this stunning card

    Good luck

    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful coloring and the colors of the papers are just wonderfully rich! Thanks for joining us at MMCS

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful card. Thanks so much for joining us at ABC this time
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing card. Thanks for playing with us at MMCS this week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really lovely - gorgeous card and fabulous colours.

    Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week for our 3rd Birthday celebration.

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card, I love the colors and the image. Great coloration. Thanks for playing along with Challenge up your life
    Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great card and gorgeous colours.

    SArahx

    ReplyDelete