Followers ... Thank you so much for taking the time to follow me in my little piece of blog land ..

Monday 16 January 2012

Sheree's Birthday Card

So here is card number 3 that I managed to make on the weekend.
This one is for our friend Sheree and we'll be catching up with her for her birthday on Friday night ...
 Our trivia group of friends have a "dinner club" going where when it's your birthday month you get to pick somewhere for us all to go and have dinner together.  We all own what are called "Entertainment Books" (I think my Australian followers may know what I'm talking about?) and it's basically a book full of fine dining and casual dining (along with lots of other stuff) discounts (buy one meal get one free or 25% off total bill).  It's an awesome way for us to get together to celebrate each other's birthdays and we love to use it to check out what is new and yummy in our local area and get it at a bargain lol ...

We always end up having such wonderful nights with too much food and alcohol but always well worth it :D We don't buy gifts for each other but it's an unspoken rule that I will make a special card and there's always cake (not so unspoken lol).

So, I coloured this gorgeous "In the 20's" digi image from The Paper Shelter and she is so much fun to colour as are all their stamps that I own.  I've coloured her with my copics and prismas and have used Tim Holtz distress ink all over the image.  Some recycled cardboard pulled apart to reveal the corrugated board makes it perfect for the Fab 'n' Funky Recycle challenge and the vintage style makes it perfect for the CES Challenge Vintage Dahling ...
Close up of my colouringl
I hope you like it and I will be back with a card that I need to make for my bestie Tina whose birthday is this Friday ....

Until next time
Ciao
Julie


CHALLENGES I WOULD LIKE TO ENTER THIS CARD INTO:
(recycled cardboard pulled apart for corrugated board)



Used:
Paper:  SU! CS,  Kaisercraft Vintage Timeless & Bo Bunny Gabrielle PP, recycled cardboard/corrugated board
Stamps:  "In the 20's" digi from The Paper Shelter, Digi round sentiment from Bizzy Becs (freebie)
Other:  String, lace, Pink Paislee ticket, Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distress ink, SU! scallop circle punch


17 comments:

  1. An other card ! What a creativity ! Your choice of colours gives a retro effect to your card which I like. Good idea. Well-kept work. Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz on our 3rd birthday this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one gorgeous card, Love all of those fantastic layers and the great patterns and the distressing. Great image and so beautifully coloured, such a perfect layout. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Julie..

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card. I love the vintage feel and the papers are perfectly matched to the image. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card, love the colours and the layering. Thankyou for joining us this time at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie, gorgeous card , love the vintage look you have, beautiful colouring. Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Becs Anything goes challenge.
    Hugs Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super sweet card.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this time, hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Girl, what a beautiful card you made! I love it!
    Thanks for sharing it and playing along at CRAFT Challenge this week.
    Best wishes and a big hug from Austria, Elisa (GDT Jan.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi ya
    gorgeous card, fabulous colouring,beautiful papers & design, thank you for joining us at CES this week, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! you have been busy... I have still yet to play:( Richard is back at work Monday and I work Tuesday morning but home by 11am so fingers crossed I can find some time to play...
    I love all three card you have posted this vintage one stands out it is great I am sure it will be a hit Friday night...
    Fantastic idea of removing the mushroom turns it into something completely different the play with...
    Hope you haven't missed me to much look forward to catching up..
    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card with a great image & pretty papers. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julie, thanks for the lovely comments you have left on my blog and for becoming a follower. Just having a wander around your blog and love your cards! Your colouring is brilliant and you have a great eye for colour.

    Am off to follow you as well now. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, me again - don't know if my comment was published or not, blogger said it was but it's not showing.

    So hope I'm not repeating myself here! But popped over to say thanks for the kind comments on my blog and for becoming a follower.

    Just been having a wander around your blog and your cards are gorgeous. Love your colouring and you have a very good eye for colour combinations.

    Am off to become a follower of yours now.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is gorgeous Julie and those papers are beautiful. Thank for joining us at CES this week!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colours and the vintage feelto the background , thanks for playing at anything goes hugs trace x dt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your vintage colourscheme, very elegant. Thanks for joining our no floral embellishments challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this week.
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is just wonderful.. totally love it!! Thanks so much for getting Vintage with us this week over at CES xxx

    ReplyDelete