Followers ... Thank you so much for taking the time to follow me in my little piece of blog land ..

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Pretty in Lilac

Well, school holidays are over ... it's first day back and this is my first post of this school term ...

I am soooo very excited because I got my Wild Orchid flower delivery late yesterday afternoon and after I checked off my items I counted up how many flowers I actually ordered and am (only slightly) embarrassed to report that the total number of flowers ordered was .... drum roll please .... 2020!!  Yep I said 2020!!  Slightly OTT I agree but soooo worth it lol.


I made this card last night and said to my husband "It's amazing what a little flower inspiration can do to get the creative juices flowing" ... 

I just love these Saturated Canary images by Krista Smith ... As much as I love them and love colouring them I find some of them quite difficult as they are so detailed but I am always happy to give them a go lol.  After colouring this sweet girl the card just came together in a monochromatic theme and I have found a number of challenges that she will fit into perfectly.

I hope that those of you whose children are back at school this week are enjoying the peace and quiet and find a little time for some well deserved crafting lol .... I know I will ...

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you feel like it
and until next time
Ciao
Julie


CHALLENGES I WOULD LIKE TO ENTER THIS CARD INTO:

USED:
Paper:  SU! CS, SU! DSP
Stamps:  Saturated Canary Ava digi stamp
Other:  Mesh, kindyglitz, ribbon, chipboard heart, brad and rhinestones all from stash.  WOC flowers, Magnolia doo hickey tag die. Coloured with Copics.

13 comments:

  1. This is superb gorgeous thank you for sharing over at Poodles Parlour this week
    Elaine DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I leave you for a few months and you order how many flowers......
    I know where to come for a flower loan now...
    I love this card very cute I love the flowers lol...
    I miss my old life shopping creating and chating with you:(
    Hope to be able to catch up soon
    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors on this and the layout. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowzers this is too cute!! and I llove all your flowers too.
    thank you for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining Paper Cupcakes/TMITA for the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful card Julie - your coloring is awesome-TFS kym x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sweetie, love your creation its beautiful, thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenge this time x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty indeed. Thank you for joining in the cutie pie challenge.
    Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at The Poodles Parlour this time!

    Chrizette
    DT Member
    Celestial Things

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card. Some wonderful elements. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Cupcakes. ♥ Jamie at CraftyGirl21

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card! love all the sparkle and flowers. So glad you joined our Digi Makeover Dimension Challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love love love tis lil cutie :) you have been busy Gorgeous as always x
    Tam x

    ReplyDelete